Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tuesday, October 7th



The following article was in the September issue of The Tiger Print. Read the article (even if you already have) and respond to it below. What do you think? Do you agree? Disagree? Consider all perspectives of the article while you respond.



In my opinion, I totally agree with Riley Miller. I agree with her because why does teacher and the administrator get to choose what we decide to wear. As a student in this school I think girls should be able to choose what they want to wear. Many girls would go shopping before school starts, but will be disappointed when they're told they can't wear something like this in school. Why does guys get to wear whatever they want but not girls. Girl teenagers these days like to dress to up to impress people, but the school is not allowing it which is frustrating. Like the article said why should we female students be told that what we're wearing are inappropriate when we barely even know the teacher.

If I were looking into this as a guy, I would sort of agree with this article. I mean guys are able to wear what we want too, but not the girls. As a guy I think the girls would know how to respect themselves and wear something appropriate to school. Also I don't think the male students will be distracted because of clothing issues. It's not like all guys have hormonal problems.

If I were a teacher, I would think the girls need something to cover up. Walking down the hallway the only thing you can see are legs, stomachs, and more legs. I would think the girl should respect their own body by covering themselves up. I don't mean that they have to be covered up from head to toe but at least cover the butt and body parts that we don't need to see.

"Lets be classy not trashy."

No comments:

Post a Comment